Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Met This Girl on Monday...

I wrote this in a rush before creative writing club today. So, like, yeah, whatever.

In April we went for coffee and we didn’t touch each-other. It had been over a year but it was still too soon. You looked uglier than I remembered. You were losing your hair and you looked even thinner than before. I talked constantly, hardly pausing for a breath, and you just sat there, watching me.
In May we went to the zoo. It was too cold to go to the zoo but we went anyway. We touched and you made me laugh. I didn’t remember you being all that funny before but now you were. I laughed a lot and you liked it. We saw all the animals and we touched each-other.
In June we went drinking. It was the day before my birthday and you got me a card. I saw that you’d drafted the message in pencil first and then traced the letters with a pen so you wouldn’t make any mistakes.
We went drinking and then we went to the park and threw grass and soil at each-other. You stuffed a load of it down my top and it was all in our hair. And then you asked if you could kiss me and I wanted to say, “I don’t know, can you?” but I didn’t say that, I said “Um, yes”. And you kissed me.
A bit later in June we walked along the South Bank and I asked if we were back together or not. You said we were and we both changed our status on myspace.
Even later in June we had a sleepover at your house. I bought new underwear and we had sex on the wooden floor. It wasn’t great. After, we ate pizza and watched a Tim Burton film in our pajamas. And then we did it again on the sofa and it was better. We stayed up most of the night talking about our favourite ever gigs of all time and how stupid everyone else was.
In July and August we went to a lot of places. We were good. We went to Warsaw for a week to drink a lot of vodka and hang out in old churches. On the final night you proposed and I cracked a rib laughing.
In October things took a turn for the worse. You stopped calling so much and I slept with someone else (someone who, by the way, DID appreciate me and didn’t have such SHIT taste in music and wasn’t such a fucking WASTER LOSER IDIOT).
In November we needed to talk and so we did. You held my hand and said that this wasn’t working out for you anymore and I said fine, whatever, me neither. And that was that. We changed our statuses back and acted like nothing had ever happened.

No comments: