Friday, January 11, 2008

Conversation 1

-Hello.

-Hello.

-Do you want to talk about something?

-Okay.

-What do you want to talk about?

-I don’t know.

-Let’s talk about swimming.

-Swimming?

-Yeah.

-Okay.

-Have you ever swum in the sea?

-Yeah.

-Have you ever been stung by a jellyfish while you were swimming in the sea?

-No but I nearly have been.

-Really?

-Yeah, I was swimming and I turned around and there was this jellyfish floating next to me.

-Was it alive?

-I don’t think so, it was just floating there.

-I saw a dead jellyfish once.

-Really?

-Yeah. It had washed up on the beach. These kids were poking it with a stick and then one of them said they were going to jump on it's head. I wanted to jump on it too but my mum said no and took me away. Have you ever jumped on a jellyfish?

-No.

-I imagined it would be bouncy but it probably wouldn’t be. It’s head would probably explode and you’d probably get stuff all over your shoes.

-Probably.

-Like, all of it’s insides.

-Yeah.

-It would probably be really gross and upsetting.

-Probably.

-But it seemed like it would be a really cool thing to do back then, on the beach.

-Yeah, I understand.

No comments: